Bankers Confirm Wall Street's Barbarianism
A 1987 Hollywood movie called Wall Street featured Michael Douglas as Gordon Gecko, a rich, powerful and ruthless broker who teaches a young disciple that "greed is good." Coming out this summer will be a new film, Wall Street 2, also starring Michael Douglas.
And we've been watching the real show recently from Washington. That's where Wall Street bankers defended themselves before the Senate Subcommittee on Investigations and the Financial Crisis Inquiry Committee. The more they protested their innocence, the more they proved Gordon Gecko is not fictitious but a real-life character.
- 1Huawei’s Harmony OS Will Compete Globally Within 2 Years, Founder Says
- 2In Unusual Move, Huawei Offers ‘No Backdoor’ Deal to India Amid Security Concerns: Report
- 3Trump Promises to Deal with Chinese Students’ Visa Woes
- 4German Wholesaler Metro Agrees to Sell China Business to Wumei
- 5Regulator Flags Risks of Concentration in Private Fund Management
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas