Subsidized Housing Allocated Mostly to Officials
(Beijing) - In the first large-scale subsidized housing project in Mei County, Shaanxi Province, Xinhua News Agency has reported that of the total subsidized homes, 80 percent have been assigned to officials. The Mei County magistrate is categorized as a mid-level government office and officials that were provided subsidized housing work at the Organization Department, Publicity Department, Water Affair Bureau, Construction Bureau, Bureau of Statistics, among other departments.
The "City Beautiful Scene" subsidized housing project is located in downtown Mei County and will cover 13.9 hectares and include 39 apartment buildings.
An insider from the Mei County local government said this subsidized housing project has almost been allocated to government employees, and the public has little access to the project. However, official statements from the Mei County Construction Bureau reiterated that the housing project is specifically for low-income families in Mei County.
The deputy chief of the Mei county Construction Bureau Zhao Hong said, "Most public servants don't have their own houses, they should enjoy the low-cost housing policy."
According to national requirements for affordable housing, the housing area for one subsidized home is no more than 60 square meters. Homes from the "City Beautiful Scene" range from 48 to 137 square meters. In terms of housing prices, commercial residential buildings in Mei County average between 2,000 yuan to 2,300 yuan per square meter. The "City Beautiful Scene" housing project prices range from 1,500 to 1,700 yuan per square meter.
- 1‘Avengers: Endgame’ Has Made 400 Million Yuan in China – And It’s Not Even Out Yet
- 2Electric-Car Startup Nio Shifts Gears With Plans to Fine-Tune Workforce
- 3New Details Emerge in Richard Liu Rape Suit
- 4China Shifting Focus From Further Economic Support to Structural Reforms, Analysts Say
- 5Update: Chinese Economy Grows at 6.4%, Outstripping Estimates
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas