Yushu's 5 Billion Yuan Abyss
(Beijing)- Over 2,200 people were killed by the 7.1 magnitude earthquake that tore into Qinghai's Yushu region in April. Disaster relief funds have since poured into various charities, but tracking where the money goes may now be impossible.
The China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation (CFPA) has already raised more than 150 million yuan to aid Yushu victims. Experts were hired by the non-governmental organization (NGO) to complete a post-disaster reconstruction report. The report stated that the CFPA should establish programs that offer urban job training, workshops in medicinal herb harvesting and animal husbandry skills for victims of the earthquake. This type of soft relief is an area that the local government has trouble handling, but is often a key strength of grassroots support organizations like CFPA.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas