Like Adenauer, Striking While the Iron's Hot
Prime Minister Wen Jiabao's recent lightning summit with German Chancellor Angela Merkel marks a good time to consider what lessons Germany might hold for China. Whether it's currency tensions, trade surpluses or security concerns – and perhaps even reunification – postwar Germany holds fascinating and sobering parallels for China.
There are some obvious similarities. Germany dominates Europe. It is geographically at the heart of Europe. There can be no peace, no prosperity and no security in Europe without Germany.
- 1Chinese DNA Sequencing Firm BGI Faces Legal Battle with Illumina
- 2Former Chief Securities Regulator Put Under Investigation
- 3Exclusive: Saudi Oil Colossus Wants to Shift Its China Business Downstream
- 4New Credit Bureau Finds Good Data Is Hard to Come By
- 5Central Bank Reveals First Step to Unifying Benchmark, Market Rates
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas