Proview Asks for Compensation for Use of iPad Name
Proview International Holdings announced on October 26 that its subsidiary company in Chinese mainland, Proview Technology, owns the trademark rights to the iPad in China and has asked Apple to stop using the name. Proview has asked Apple for 10 billion yuan in compensation for copyright infringement.
According to China Securities Journal, Proview's Taipei subsidiary in 2000 and 2001 registered the use of "iPad" trademark for electronic products in China and other parts of the world.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas