Short-term Capital, Streaming and Steaming
Emerging economies need to and will likely increase interest rates and tighten capital controls. The G-20 ministerial meeting in Seoul didn't solve any problems. The communique promised that the G-20 countries would not engage in competitive devaluations and limit current account surplus.
But the source of the global currency market instability is the U.S.'s strong preference for using monetary policy to solve economic problems, effective or not, and the dollar is the currency of global trade and for commodity pricing. Political trends in the U.S. are moving in a direction less favorable to the strength of the dollar and, hence, the global currency market instability.
- 1‘Avengers: Endgame’ Has Made 400 Million Yuan in China – And It’s Not Even Out Yet
- 2Electric-Car Startup Nio Shifts Gears With Plans to Fine-Tune Workforce
- 3New Details Emerge in Richard Liu Rape Suit
- 4China Shifting Focus From Further Economic Support to Structural Reforms, Analysts Say
- 5Update: Chinese Economy Grows at 6.4%, Outstripping Estimates
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas