Seeking Balance for China's Inflation Scales
A top official at the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) was quick to respond after an expert at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences claimed China's Consumer Price Index had been underestimated by some 7 percent over the past five years.
Chinese media had widely quoted the expert, Xu Qiyuan, as sayingCPIstatistics failed to reflect inflation realities.
Xu's claim was refuted November 10 in an article written by NBS Urban Social Economics Survey Deputy Director Pang Xiaolin and posted on the agency's website.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas