Shenzhen Shuts Down 156 Companies for its Green Universiade
(Shenzhen) – Shenzhen City authorities, the host city of the 11-day 2011 Summer Universiade in eastern China's Guangdong Province, announced the shutdown of 156 enterprises after kicking off the university games on August 12.
City authorities forcibly closed 156 companies which failed the environmental assessment, as part of its environmental goals, according to a statement by the Habitat Environment Committee (HEC) of Shenzhen City.
|(The opening ceremony of the 26th Summer Universiade held in Shenzhen, August 12. /Xinhua)|
The local authorities have launched an overall environmental campaign as well as ten other designated city-wide actions since 2007, including a "Green Commuting" campaign to reduce single-passenger commutes and increase investment in new-energy public vehicles.
- 1Chinese DNA Sequencing Firm BGI Faces Legal Battle with Illumina
- 2Former Chief Securities Regulator Put Under Investigation
- 3Exclusive: Saudi Oil Colossus Wants to Shift Its China Business Downstream
- 4New Credit Bureau Finds Good Data Is Hard to Come By
- 5Central Bank Reveals First Step to Unifying Benchmark, Market Rates
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas