Standard Chartered: Local Gov't Financing Platforms Face Insolvency
(Beijing) – The majority of local government financing vehicles cannot repay their debt principle and interest, and are putting an enormous strain on local governments, said Stephen Green, head of Standard Chartered Greater China Research Department, in a forum on September 17.
Green suggested that up to 80 percent of local government loans won't be able to cover the debt service and are currently supported by local governments partly through land revenues.
- 1Former Chief Securities Regulator Put Under Investigation
- 2Exclusive: Saudi Oil Colossus Wants to Shift Its China Business Downstream
- 3New Credit Bureau Finds Good Data Is Hard to Come By
- 4Central Bank Reveals First Step to Unifying Benchmark, Market Rates
- 5Blame U.S. Politicians, Not Companies, Huawei Founder Says, Dismissing Blind Nationalism
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas