Soft Power and China's Story in Latin America
The Spanish expression "cuento chino," or "Chinese story" is a synonym for "tall tale." It's a fitting expression for our times, since China's size, population and spectacular economic achievements of late have inspired grand fantasies across Latin America.
Barely a decade ago, China was the world's seventh-largest economy. Now, by the reckoning of the International Monetary Fund, China will overtake the United States and become the world's largest economy in 2016.
- 1In Depth: Bailouts Multiply as Pressure Mounts to Stabilize China’s Housing Market
- 2Five Things to Know About China’s Scandal-Struck Chip Industry ‘Big Fund’
- 3Opinion: The Two Weaknesses of China’s Economy
- 4In Depth: How a Hotly Pursued VR Startup Came to China, and Imploded
- 5Weekend Long Read: What Challenges Await Singapore’s New Leadership
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas