No Jail Time for Chemical Plant Protesters
(Zhejiang)—Like many similar cases before it, an environmental protest against the chemical firm Deqing Taiji Chemical Co., Ltd. quieted down in June, after company officials agreed to provide financial compensation to local villagers.
But in an unusual twist, government officials then arrested two of the protest's leaders on extortion charges, saying the compensation deal constituted blackmail.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas