Commodities Exchange in Yunnan Ran 43 Bln Yuan Scam, Investors Say
(Beijing) – A protest in front of the securities regulator's office in the capital by more than 100 investors who felt they had been the victims of a scam that one analyst says resembles a Ponzi scheme has put the spotlight on a government-backed nonferrous metals exchange in the southwestern province of Yunnan.
The crowd gathered in front of the offices of the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) on September 21 to demand regulators intervene in what investors said was a 43 billion yuan fraud involving the Fanya Metal Exchange, a four-and-half-year-old trading platform for nonferrous metals in Kunming, Yunnan's capital.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas