G20 Gives Hangzhou's New Economy a Boost
(Beijing) — The MasterCard Caixin BBD New Economy Index (NEI) for August shows Hangzhou, the host city of the G20 Leaders Summit, leading all Chinese cities in new-economy activity, up from fourth place the previous month.
Meanwhile, the index for the country as a whole fell to 28.5, the lowest of the year, reflecting the fact that China's high-tech industry has continued contracting due to lower capital investments.
This month's reading declined 90 basis points compared with July.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas