Emerging Sectors Slow as Manufacturing Sees Uptick, Survey Shows
An indicator that measures economic activity in China's emerging sectors decreased in October while manufacturing continued to perform well, raising questions about whether the country's shift from traditional industries toward the new economy has slowed.
The MasterCard Caixin BBD China New Economy Index (NEI) slid to 29.2 in October, down from a peak of 30.1 the previous month. The October reading, which shows that the new economy accounted for 29.2% of the overall input into the economy last month, was the second-lowest since the index was publicly released in March.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas