Technology Plans for Agriculture Fail to Impress Farmers
(Beijing) — China is counting on the booming e-commerce sector to transform the agricultural industry, but the plan has failed to generate much excitement among experts and farmers.
The Ministry of Agriculture recently announced an ambitious plan to increase online sales of agricultural produce by an average annual rate of about 40% to 800 billion yuan ($116 billion) by 2020. Last year, agricultural produce worth 150 billion yuan was traded online.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas