Battered by Closures, Rural Schools Await New Guidelines
(Chongxin, Gansu province) — In a rural corner of northwest China's Gansu province, a primary school principal on the verge of retirement said he has been trying for years to recruit new teachers without any luck.
Daxing Primary School in Chongxin County has five male teachers — all in their 50s — teaching a total of about 40 students in grades one through six. Because there are only a handful of students in each grade, children of different ages are lumped together. None of the teachers at Daxing has a college degree, and they say they are unable to teach subjects such as music and art, which are part of the curriculum.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas