Government Promises Improvements in Food Production
(Beijing) — China's top leaders have vowed to improve the quality of agricultural production and develop a more environmentally sustainable system as part of their agenda for next year.
While ensuring the country's food security, the central government has called on the agricultural industry to shift away from a system that focuses mainly on increasing output to one that pursues a better quality of agricultural produce, according to a statement released Tuesday night after the two-day closed-door Central Rural Work Conference.
- 1Renowned Stanford Physicist Shoucheng Zhang Dies at 55
- 2Why Former Australian Leader Believes China is About to Outflank Trump on Trade
- 3China: Meng Wanzhou is a Chinese Citizen
- 4Update: Huawei CFO Arrested for Allegedly Violating U.S. Sanctions on Iran
- 5Arrested Huawei Executive Reportedly Linked to Firm That Once Tried to Sell U.S. Goods to Iran
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas