New Rules to Make Smartphone Apps Easier to Understand, Delete
(Beijing) — Preinstalled apps on smartphones sold in China must clearly state their creators and functions and also must be easy to uninstall, according to new draft rules released by China's telecom regulator, as it aims to better protect consumer privacy and reduce nuisance software.
China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) released the rules late on Friday amid a growing chorus of complaints about unwanted apps that come installed on many smartphones, sometimes gathering personal data without the user's knowledge or authorization.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas