Five Things to Know about Personal Forex Purchases in China
During the New Year weekend, China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) amended rules governing the purchase of foreign currency by Chinese citizens. Contrary to earlier widespread rumors, the exchange did not lower the amount that can be exchanged by individuals, but it did tighten scrutiny over the purchases.
1. What is the current quota for Chinese citizens purchasing foreign currency?
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 3China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 4 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 5Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas