Former Regulatory Official Jailed for Corruption
(Beijing) — A former official from the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) was sent to prison on Tuesday for taking bribes from vaccine manufacturers who wanted help obtaining regulatory approvals for products, including those for treating severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and bird flu.
Yin Hongzhang, the former deputy director of the biological products division under the regulator’s drug registration department, was sentenced to 10 years and fined 500,000 yuan ($71,900) by the Beijing First Intermediate People’s Court for abusing his position.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas