China Says Foreign Firms Need Not Fear Capital Controls
(Beijing) — China is trying to allay concerns voiced by firms and investors who fear Beijing’s yearlong effort to contain capital outflows might be affecting regular transfers of funds abroad.
Measures adopted to control the capital drain are targeting short-term speculators and will not affect cross-border fund transfers by foreign companies legally operating in China, Wang Shouwen, the deputy minister of Ministry of Commerce, said Friday at a media briefing sponsored by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas