Forced Closure Costs Drugmaker 11 Million Yuan in Profit
North China Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. said on Monday it lost 11 million yuan ($1.6 million) in profit during a prolonged production halt to combat smog in one of the first such disclosures of how China’s drive to clean up pollution is affecting industry.
As part of its campaign to clean up the country’s smog, local governments occasionally order nearby factories to halt production when air quality deteriorates too much. They are also gradually shutting down some of the worst polluting factories.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas