China Steelmaker Finally Puts the Ball in Ballpoint Pen
(Beijing) — China may be the world’s largest maker of ballpoint pens, but it has not been able to master the craft of making the tiny ball-holding sockets that are a key component in one of the world’s most popular writing tools — at least until now.
After a five-year effort, spurred by comments from China’s premier, a northern Chinese steelmaker has finally joined a small but elite group of global companies that can make the steel for the sockets that look simple but require super-high-tech precision.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas