‘Pokemon Go’ Gets Sidelined in China
(Beijing) — Mobile-game sensation Pokemon Go isn’t going anywhere fast in China.
The location-based title, which lets users hunt for cartoon creatures in the real world, was a huge hit in its debut last year even as Chinese fans had to watch from the sidelines as it failed to enter their market.
Now China’s game regulator has made clear it’s not a fan, disclosing that it won’t be approving the popular title for now. The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT) made its decision due to concerns about dangers to social order that the game could pose.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas