China Increases Liquidity Support to Banks as Major Holiday Nears
(Beijing) — China’s central bank has injected a net 160 billion yuan ($23 billion) into the market this week to stave off a temporary seasonal credit crunch ahead of the country’s Lunar New Year holidays.
The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) on Wednesday released a net 40 billion yuan through so-called reverse repurchase agreements, and a combined net 120 billion yuan on Monday and Tuesday through open market operations.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas