Supreme People’s Court Defines Ownership of ‘Famous’ Creative Works
(Beijing) — In its first-ever interpretation of the country's trademark law, China’s highest court said celebrity names or titles and characters in “famous” creative works belong to those who can prove they were the first to use them and not those who registered them first.
Producers of creative works — including dramas, films and television programs — hold the “first-to-use” rights to the Chinese titles of their work and names of well-known fictional characters, the Supreme People’s Court said in a document released Wednesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas