China Halts Construction of 101 Coal Power Plants
(Beijing) — China’s central government has suspended 101 coal power projects with an estimated total investment of about 430 billion ($62.3 billion) on concerns that mild demand for electricity this year could lead to a power glut.
The National Energy Administration (NEA) has issued notices to 11 provincial-level areas, including northwest China’s Xinjiang region and the southern province of Guangdong, ordering them to halt the projects that their respective governments had previously planned or approved.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas