Ant Financial Announces Tie-Ups With South Korean, Philippine Electronic-Payment Firms
(Beijing) — Ant Financial Services Group said it will invest in a South Korean electronic-payments venture and a similar Philippine company as it seeks business tie-ups outside China to complement its popular Alipay electronic payment service.
The South Korean tie-up will see Ant, the former financial unit of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., invest $200 million in Kakao Pay Corp., the mobile finance unit of local social networking specialist Kakao Corp., the companies announced on Tuesday.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas