Carnival Venture Orders First China-Built Cruise Liners
(Beijing) — Cruise operator Carnival Corp & PLC said it has ordered two new ships worth a combined $1.5 billion from a Sino-Italian ship-making venture, as it prepares to launch a separate brand to take advantage of the booming Chinese demand for leisure travel.
Carnival’s own China cruising joint venture is placing the order with another joint venture between leading local ship builder China State Shipbuilding Corp. and Italy’s Fincantieri SpA, Carnival said in a statement on Wednesday. The deal includes an option to buy four more ships in the future.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas