Protectionism Would Hold Back World Economic Growth, Chinese Government Researcher Says
(Beijing) –- Globalization shouldn't be blamed for major world problems such as the refugee crisis and the income gap, a high-ranking government economist at the research arm of China’s Cabinet said.
The pushback against globalization is related to stubbornly slow growth--the “low growth trap”--of the world economy, said Wang Yiming, deputy director of the State Council’s Development Research Center, which is hosting the three-day China Development 2017 in Beijing. The government think tank conducts research on long-term issues in China’s economic and social development.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas