Editorial: History Hands Xi, Trump a Golden Opportunity
The first face-to-face meeting between Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump on April 6 and 7 will have profound political, economic and military implications for the world, especially the Western Pacific.
The talks at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort echo President Xi's 2013 visit with then-President Barack Obama at the Sunnylands estate in California, three months after the Chinese leader took office. The meeting between Xi and Trump should similarly serve as an opportunity for the world’s two largest economic powers to cement mutual understanding, foster mutual interests and set aside disagreements.
The Editor-in-Chief of Caixin Media.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas