China Claims Major Advance in Extraction of ‘Combustible Ice’
(Beijing) — China says it has extracted methane gas in a stable way from an unconventional source of fuel known as “combustible ice” — an event the government claimed is a first that could trigger a revolution in the energy world.
Chinese miners produced methane gas from what is properly called gas hydrate for eight straight days ending Thursday from a drilling platform in the South China Sea, according to the China Geological Survey (CGS).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas