Juneyao Airlines Jets Into Global Star Alliance
(Beijing) – Shanghai-based Juneyao Airlines has joined the global Star Alliance, becoming the first of a new generation of private Chinese carriers to enter one of world’s three major frequent flyer groups as it prepares to launch long-haul flights.
The move also makes Juneyao the first airline admitted under Star’s Connecting Partner program, which opens the alliance to smaller, and low-cost regional carriers. It also comes just three months after Juneyao announced its first purchase of long-haul planes, with plans to buy five Boeing 878 Dreamliners and the option for five more.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas