Banks Scale Back ‘Fake Equity’ Deals as Curbs Bite
(Beijing) – China’s financial regulators are notching more victories in their campaign to rein in financial leverage as lenders are forced to scale back opaque and risky lending practices.
China CITIC Bank Co., the country’s eighth-largest bank by assets, has suspended its business known as “fake equity real debt,” several employees told Caixin. This is a practice that involves disguising loans to risky borrowers, such as local government financing vehicles (LGFVs) and property developers, by making them appear as equity investments.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas