Age of Empires: What Qin and Han Dynasty Treasures Tell About Artistic Influences Along Silk Road
In his May 14 keynote address at the opening ceremony of the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation, Chinese President Xi Jinping extolled the glories of the ancient Silk Road and noted its roots in the Han Dynasty (206 B.C.- A.D. 220).
“Around 140 B.C.,” Xi said, “Zhang Qian, a royal emissary, left Chang'an, capital of the Han Dynasty. He traveled westward on a mission of peace and opened an overland route linking the East and the West, a daring undertaking which came to be known as Zhang Qian's journey to the Western regions.”
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas