From Business Giant to Micro Merchant: WeChat's Drive to Become Tech Superpower
(Beijing)–For hundreds of millions of Chinese people, opening the messaging app WeChat is an indispensable daily routine. It puts them only clicks away from chatting with friends, reading the headlines, making a restaurant reservation and buying goods and services.
Created in 2011 by social networking and online gaming giant Tencent Holdings, WeChat has evolved from a mobile-based text and voice messaging app into a super platform linking users with a vast array of services. It’s changing people’s everyday lives and the way business is done.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas