‘Shoe King’ Belle Down on Its Heels
China’s king of shoes, the retail giant and footwear manufacturer Belle International Holdings Ltd., faces an uncertain future in a business realm under threat.
At the height of its power six years ago, Belle boasted a retail network of more than 20,000 stores across China. It was selling more than 40 billion yuan ($6 billion) worth of shoes every year. And it was the biggest mainland retailer on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2011, only four years after listing, with a market capitalization of about HK$150 billion ($19.2 billion).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas