China Dives Deeper Into Cashless Economy
More transactions went cashless in China in the second quarter.
From April through June, 949.82 trillion yuan ($145.2 trillion) worth of transactions were settled without cash changing hands, up 1.02% from the same period in 2016, the central bank data show. But the volume of cashless payments rose more sharply, up 32.3% from a year ago to 36.90 billion transactions.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas