Gates Foundation Harnesses Chinese Private Sector to Bring Financial Services to World’s Poor
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation — the world’s largest private charitable foundation, with an endowment of over $40 billion — opened its China office more than 10 years ago. During its initial years in China, the foundation focused on domestic issues such as HIV prevention and tuberculosis control. But in recent years, it has begun partnering with local firms to carry out global development projects in other countries.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas