The Best Reads of the Week From Caixin
The “Super Golden Week,” combining the National Day and Mid-Autumn Festival holidays, has meant that more than 700 million people in China have been on vacation. But there has still been plenty of interesting news out of China this week.
Many of those tourists were headed for the Forbidden City, one of China’s top tourist attractions and the former residence of the Ming and Qing emperors. But some were left disappointed: The Forbidden City has now gone to internet-only sales of tickets, and those available had gone fast.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas