Alibaba Looks for Magic in Global R&D Network
E-commerce giant Alibaba said on Wednesday it will invest more than $15 billion to open a global network of research and develop (R&D) centers in an effort to boost collaboration as it seeks to expand beyond China.
The project will initially see Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. build seven R&D centers, two in its home China market, two on the U.S. West Coast, and single labs in Russia, Israel and Singapore, the company said in its announcement of the project, called the Alibaba Academy for Discovery, Adventure, Momentum and Outlook.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas