China Expects Fed to Stay Course Under New Chief
Within China’s central bank, there seems to be a consensus that U.S. monetary policy will see continuity in the wake of Jerome Powell’s nomination as the next chairman of the Federal Reserve.
Several sources within the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) told Caixin that they expect Powell to continue the policy of his predecessor, Janet Yellen, of gradually increasing U.S. interest rates while shrinking the central bank’s balance sheet.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5Update: China’s Economic Growth Hasn’t Been This Slow Since Financial Crisis
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas