Quick Take: Newspaper Blasts General for Killing Self During Investigation
The Chinese military’s flagship newspaper, the PLA Daily, on Tuesday condemned former senior military official Zhang Yang for killing himself during a corruption investigation.
Zhang, a member of the Central Military Commission, was found to have hanged himself at home on Thursday, according to the state-run Xinhua News Agency. Zhang was put under investigation on Aug. 28 over his connections to disgraced former Central Military Commission vice chairmen Guo Boxiong and Xu Caihou. He was allowed to stay at his home during the investigation.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas