Ant Financial Services Group said it will conduct sweeping reviews of all its business lines after being reprimanded by regulators for data-privacy violations.
The Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) met with representatives of Alipay, China’s largest third-party payment services provider, as well as its affiliate, Zhima Credit, over a default setting that opted users into sharing their personal information with the company, according to a Wednesday announcement from the internet regulator.
- 1Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 2 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 3With Latest IPhones, Apple Again Bows to the Chinese Market
- 4China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 5Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas