The Best Reads of the Week From Caixin
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang has revealed the economy grew by around 6.9% last year, just days before the government is due to officially release the numbers. The growth rate, if confirmed next week, would be the first acceleration in seven years.
An ambitious deal between Dalian Wanda and U.S. tech giant IBM to join forces and become a top player in China’s booming cloud-computing market appears in serious jeopardy, with the Chinese property and entertainment conglomerate planning deep job cuts in a key department, sources told Caixin.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas