Alibaba Spruces Up Retail Portfolio With Home Improvement Chain Investment
E-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. said on Sunday it will pay 5.45 billion yuan ($865 million) for 15% of one of China’s leading traditional home improvement chains, extending its strategy of combining online and offline retailing.
The investment in Beijing Easyhome Furnishing Chain Store Group Co. Ltd “underscores Alibaba’s commitment to furthering the new retail strategy by taking it into new sectors and driving the seamless convergence of online and offline retail experience,” Alibaba said in a statement.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas