The Best Reads of the Week From Caixin
China has toned down its gross domestic product growth target for 2018 to “around 6.5%,” as the Chinese leadership maintains its focus on reining in financial risk and prioritizing quality over speed of its economic expansion.
Nio, a homegrown electric car startup backed by internet giant Tencent, is preparing to raise up to $2 billion through a New York initial public offering (IPO) by year end, a knowledgeable source told Caixin, as it prepares to roll out its first model in the next few months.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas