Why Does Lithium-Rich China Import So Much?
China’s enthusiasm for new-energy vehicles has sent its demand for lithium — a raw material used in electric car batteries — into the fast lane, boosting the metal’s prices at the same time.
The cumulative number of new-energy vehicles that have been sold in China is approaching 1.8 million cars, accounting for half of the global market. If all goes according to the Chinese government’s plan, 5 million new-energy vehicles will have been sold in the country by 2020.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas