The Best Reads of the Week From Caixin
President Xi Jinping on Tuesday promised lower tariffs on car imports, harsher punishment for intellectual property rights violators and a faster financial opening-up, in a speech seen by analysts as an olive branch to U.S. President Donald Trump to ease bilateral trade tensions.
Four popular Chinese news apps, including top news aggregator Jinri Toutiao, have been removed from major mobile app stores — the latest regulatory blow amid the country’s tightening scrutiny over online content.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas