Miners Battle Health Problems, Roadblocks to Compensation
Coal miner Ren Yunqing thought his life had hit rock bottom when he was diagnosed with black lung disease two years ago. But health problems were just the beginning of his troubles.
In July 2016, Ren was taken away by three plainclothes police officers over allegations that he was among hundreds of miners who had colluded with physicians to swindle payouts from a government-run medical insurance program using fraudulent diagnoses, he said.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas